why cant more people realize this?
this spoke to me
The premise of minimum wage, when it was introduced, was that a single wage earner should be able to own a home and support a family. That was what it was based on; a full time job, any job, should be able to accomplish this.
The fact people scoff at this idea if presented nowadays, as though the people that ring up your groceries or hand you your burgers don’t deserve the luxury of a home and a family, is disgusting.
— (via pressing)
I apologize for not being around as much for the past few months. I am now working 2 jobs taking up all seven days of the week (eek!) So I’ve been tired„ and trying to fit in a ‘life’ as it were. Hopefully I’ll get back into the swing of things soon.
In fact Im starting to with this post :) Hope everyone is doing well!
— Stëf, I needed someone to say this to me, so I said it to myself (via melisica)
2. Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3. Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4. Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5. You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6. That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7. Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8. It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9. I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10. Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
It’s a long road full of ups and downs. The more you find yourself on it, the more you learn its twists and turns. It takes time to navigate, to find someone to ride along side with, to hold tight to, to face the obstacles on that road.
Let’s go for a ride.